expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Pages

Friday, July 1, 2011

7/1/2011- Subway Series, Crosstown Classic

Hello everyone, its the 1st day of July! It means that in Canada, it's Canada Day while this weekend is the 4th of July in the United States! Today's blog will strictly be baseball. As you may know, this weekend is the unofficial end to interleague play for the regular season in the MLB (officially ends on All Star Night). My two favorite interleague series are the Subway Series and the Crosstown Classic. Here are the results for today's game and a review of the Yankees-Mets game

White Sox def. Cubs 6-4

During the Yankees-Mets game, the Yankees made a 3 run lead and pretty much coasted for the entire game (with the exception of additional 2 runs). The Mets only have made 1 run and struggled the entire game to make another run. One moment I really disliked was when the 3rd base umpire made a bad call to Jose Reyes as he wasn't out at all and Alex Rodriguez's glove didn't touch Reyes. If you were watching YES Network, you would see a different viewpoint, but I was watching the game on New York's CW Affiliate WPIX so they offered the replay with a different angle. I'm not saying that I'm a pure Mets fan, it's just that I don't like bad officiating. I already seen it enough before. Anyways, I'm glad one of my New York teams won.

The Subway Series and the Crosstown Classic will continue tomorrow and Sunday. I suggest this as must see as the next interleague play in regular season will be in 2012. There's a possibility that it could happen at the World Series, but it's highly unlikely.

Anyways, I'll be back after 4th of July weekend is over. Have a great 4th of July weekend. Enjoy it and have a good time.

Salutations,
NYCKNP

No comments:

Post a Comment