expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Pages

Friday, December 6, 2013

12/6/2013- Cano and Granderson: Yankees No More, preview of NY Jets and NY Giants, more

Hello everyone! I hope all of you are having a great week. I didn't do a blog on Monday since I was busy with schoolwork, but I am here today. So let's cut to the chase, shall we? Here we go!

MLB
I usually don't talk baseball in the offseason as I leave that to the professionals at MLB Network, but this is something that needs to be discussed. It was reported earlier today that Robinson Cano has signed with the Seattle Mariners for 10 years, while Curtis Granderson has signed with the New York Mets for 4 years. I have no problem seeing Curtis go to the Mets since he needs a change of scenery from the Bronx to the Queens. However, I am baffled that Cano signed with the Mariners for a 10 year contract worth around $240 million. He's only in his 30s and usually athletes in their 30s don't get better that much. Either this move will bring benefits for the Mariners or set their franchise back for several years.



NFL
This Sunday, the New York Jets will host the Oakland Raiders at 1:05 PM, while the New York Giants will be on the road to face the San Diego Chargers in a 4:25 PM EST slot. Both of these games are going to be very tough. Especially for the Jets since they haven't won a game since November 3rd.

WWE
So it was announced that the WWE Championship and World Heavyweight Championship will be unified at WWE Tables Ladders and Chairs. Earlier this week on Raw, a contract signing took place between John Cena and Randy Orton.



That's all I have to say for now. Have a good weekend everyone!

- NYCKNP

No comments:

Post a Comment