expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Pages

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

6/15/2011- Mid Week Blog- review of WWE All-Star Night, Yankees, Mets, Reasons why I haven't brought up Football yet

Hello everyone, this is the first mid-week blog as today is Wednesday and of course that is the middle of the week. If it turns out to be a success, I might do it more often. In this edition of the blog, I will be giving my review of WWE Raw's 3 Hour Special called "All-Star Night", and the stats of the New York Yankees, and the New York Mets. Also, I have mentioned before that football a.k.a. "gridiron" or  "American football" will be mentioned in the blog, but so far I haven't mentioned it yet and I will give my reasons why.

(Note: I found out through my blog stats that I have readers from outside North America so I have to give the proper word for them so they don't get confused with Association Football/Soccer)

WWE All Star Night was just your typical Monday Night RAW that was expanded to 3 hours and featured Stone Cold Steve Austin as the general manager for the night. It had performers from both Raw and SmackDown featured that night. In addition, Roddy Piper made a guest appearance for the segment "Piper's Pit" which featured the guests The Miz and Alex Riley. The opening matches were decent, in which one of them had Daniel Bryan in a 6-man tag match. I put SAP mode for the audio as I didn't want to listen to Michael Cole's bantering of Daniel Bryan. I can say that it wasn't that bad hearing Carlos Cabrera and Hugo Savinovich doing commentary as opposed to Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler. The 2nd hour was okay, just the post match segment which featured the fan-favorite divas doing the "can-can" was unnecessary. The main event of John Cena vs CM Punk was really good and the crowd at Nassau Colisseum was heavily interested in it as the chants of "Let's go Cena.... Cena Sucks" were much louder than usual. At the end of the episode, next week's RAW will be called "Power to the People" as fans will vote for the stipulations the performers will be facing in. It's similar to Cyber Sunday or Viewer's Choice Raw from last year. I hope that this year's Viewer's Choice Raw doesn't under perform like last year.

Shifting gears to baseball, the Yankees had a great recovery over the weekend as they defeated Cleveland 3 times in a row, but let's not forget that it was a 4 game series so Cleveland got a victory on Monday. Same goes with the Mets during their series against Pittsburgh, but both teams traded victories making it 2-2 on both sides. Yesterday, the Yankees have faced the Texas Rangers in a rematch from 2010 ALCS in which the Yankees pulled off a victory. The Mets went to "hot-lanta" to face the Atlanta Braves in which they received a small victory. The Yankees will continue their series against Texas today and tomorrow as well as the Mets against the Braves. Keep in mind that from June 17- July 3 will be inter league competition so the Yankees will be making a trip this weekend to Wrigley Field to face the Cubs while the Angels from Anaheim will travel to Queens to face the Mets. Although there are no rivalries involved, I consider this a "must-see" as it's very rare to see these match-ups.

Current MLB Standings
Yankees: 37-28 (2nd place in AL East)
Mets: 33-34 (3rd place in NL East)

Alrighty then, now it's time to explain why I haven't brought up football yet in this blog. Here are the reasons why.

1. Off season
Since the NFL and the NCAA College Football are currently in their off season, there is nothing newsworthy to post. I know that FanFeedr does post stuff about the teams during off season but as I said, nothing newsworthy to post in the off season.

2. NFL Lockout
Since early 2011 after the Super Bowl has concluded, the NFL owners and NFLPA are currently in disagreements with each other. Therefore, NFL mandated a lockout which means that the employers aren't allowing the players to practice during off season. NFL is currently in jeopardy of shortening or cancelling the entire 2011 NFL Season and that's going to be a lot of money lost. However, this will not affect football fans in general since college football will still remain intact. So in case if I don't bring up the New York Giants or the New York Jets, I will talk about NCAA Football though, primarily the teams of Oklahoma, Notre Dame, and Rutgers.

I hope one day that the NFL would end their lockout and the players will be allowed to return to work as I saw the 2011 NFL Schedules of the New York Giants and the New York Jets. I could say that if this season will occur as planned, there's going to be a lot of "must-see" games to watch. However, this is not my call so all we can do now is hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

That concludes my mid-week blog. I will keep everyone posted as to whether the NFL will show signs to end the lockout or not.

Salutations,
NYCKNP


No comments:

Post a Comment