expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Pages

Friday, June 24, 2011

6/23/2011- Part 2 of Summer 2011 Blog (3rd Anniversary since OBHS Graduation, Yankees Doubleheader, Crosstown Classic, review of WWE Raw)

Hello everybody. I did say on Tuesday that I would continue the 2nd part of the First Day of Summer Blog yesterday, but due to an emotional rollercoaster that I had yesterday, I didn't type the blog. Anyways, I will continue Part 2 with the review of Monday Night Raw, Yankees Doubleheader, and the conclusion to Part 1 of the Crosstown Classic that occured in the city of Chicago. I will also talk about 6/23/2008 since today marks the 3rd anniversary of when I graduated Old Bridge High School.

WWE Raw earlier this week was a 3 hour Raw which was called "Power to the People". It was also the fallout to the Capital Punishment PPV. Power to the People was mainly about the matches and their opponents/stipulations being decided by the fans via text message. The Diva's Title match was decent with Kelly Kelly winning the title at the end. Other matches included Mason Ryan vs Evan Bourne, Kane vs Mark Henry in an arm wrestling match, and so on and so forth. The hits of the show were the US Title match 2 out of 3 falls match, triple threat match to determine the #1 Contendership for the WWE Championship, and the 6-man elimination tag team match. It was announced that next week will be Raw Roulette hailing from Las Vegas. WWE Hall of Famer Shawn Michaels will be the special guest star of next week's Raw.

Since the Yankees had their game postponed on Tuesday due to weather conditions, they played a doubleheader against Cincinatti Reds. The afternoon game, the Yankees achieved a victory, but suffered a loss in the primetime game. Therefore Yankees won the series 2 out of 3. The Mets on the other hand recieved a victory last night as they have defeated Oakland in the 13th Inning.

Yankees have the night off until Friday since they will be home to face Colorado during the weekend. Mets will finish their series against Oakland today before heading to Arlington, TX to face the Texas Rangers this weekend.

Part 1 of the Crosstown Classic has concluded with the Chicago White Sox defeating the Chicago Cubs 2 out of 3. I only saw Tuesday's game since  CSN Chicago sports isn't in my market. Tuesday's game had a rain delay in the middle but they were allowed to finish the game.

All right then, I will  talk about June 23rd. As you may know, June 23, 2008 was the day I graduated from Old Bridge High School. I remember the day like it was yesterday. On that day, I woke up at 5:45 AM and for the first time I wasn't angry to wake up for high school. During my time in high school when I had to wake up early for it I was angry since I didn't really enjoy being part of Old Bridge High School. However, this day was no ordinary day as it was graduation day. I got ready with my morning routine, put on my shirt and tie, and had the cap & gown ready. Everyone in my house wanted to take my picture since it was a historic moment. After my dad dropped me off at the high school where I (along with my entire class of 2008) were waiting for a fleet of luxury buses to drop us off at the Sovereign Bank Arena. In my opinion, it should've been done at Madison Square Garden, but then again it wasn't my call. While waiting, I spoke to my friends and acquaintances in what could be the final time I would ever see them. After boarding the bus, I sat there for a 2 hour drive to Sovereign Bank Arena in Trenton, NJ. Once arrived, we all had to write our names phonetically on an index card since one of the vice principals who goes by the name of Mr. Sasso announced our names individually at the right time. After I got off the bus, I had to stand in line outside of the backstage part of the arena to go in. It was very light rain outside, but thank god it wasn't a heavy downpour. Once arrived, I then went to my seat. While inside, I was looking for my family since I couldn't see them at all, but decided not to worry too much about it since I would see them at the exit. After all the formal ceremonies have been done, the principal, and some board of education members gave a speech. Once called to get our "diplomas" (in reality, those weren't real diplomas inside since all of the students had to pick them up at a later date, but rather they were diploma holders), I had goosebumps all over and saying to myself "I finally made it after all the adversities and stressful situations". When I heard my name, I felt so happy in my life. Several minutes later, the graduation ceremony was over. Everyone in the audience and my graduating class cheered to the loudest extent. Before I exited the arena, I bumped into the school psychologist otherwise known as my mentor Mr. Pellegrino, who was also one of the staff members at the ceremony. I thanked him for all the years he helped me by saying "It's all thanks to you". While exiting the arena, I was talking to my friend Mike for the last time in person since I never saw him after that day. My parents were very happy that I graduated. I went with my family out for lunch at Macaroni Grill since there was time between Graduation and Project Graduation (I'll explain soon). After lunch, I then took a nap and changed to casual clothes for Project Graduation. Project Graduation is a party that took place at a lodge somewhere in Monmouth County that was hosted by the school which happened to take place all night. Once I got back to the school for project graduation, I then signed in to find my pass (although I almost couldn't go since they didn't receive my payment for some reason) I did end up paying some extra money to get in, and then boarded the bus to the lodge. The lodge was tremendous once I arrived. It had a swimming pool, racquetball court, shower, steam room. You name the works. Since this would be the last time I would see anyone from my graduating class, I cherished the moment by taking a lot of pictures (and even got my picture taken with Dev via professional photographer). The funny thing was that I used the film camera. Reason being that I lost my Compact Flash card on my digital camera and wasn't able to get a new one in time for graduation.  Nonetheless, I had a great time since I talked to a lot of people, played a little basketball, and saw a hypnotist that hypnotised some of the people in the room. Once it was all over, I embraced some of my friends I made in high school and told them it won't be the last time we would see each other. That way, I leave the doors open for the future. After I returned to the school, I was picked up by my dad and went home and slept for the majority of the morning.

Overall, I'm glad that I graduated from Old Bridge High School since it wasn't a great place to be since there were not so good memories if I say so myself. Stressful situations often occur and the pressure can make someone leave the school altogether. I've seen people I know who made their departures. Even a close friend of mine I've met in freshman year left because of overabundance of pressure. However, there were some good memories too, but at the end of the day I moved on with my life and have gone on to do bigger and better things.

Here's a song to end the story:

Salutations,
NYCKNP

(Writer's Note: I have published it a day late due to computer malfunctions)

No comments:

Post a Comment