expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Pages

Friday, June 8, 2012

6/8/2012- Yankees def Rays 2 out of 3, Nationals def Mets 2 out of 3, Interleague Play, more

Hello everyone! I hope all of you had a great week! I was absent for a couple of days since I was out of town on an Eastern Caribbean cruise for 8 days, and came back yesterday. The places I went to were Turks & Caicos, and The Bahamas. I had a nice time, but it was time to return home. Here are the things I missed while I was gone.

What I missed while I was Away
  • Randy Orton suspended for 60 days
  • Impact Wrestling going live on Thursdays at 8 PM
  • Johan Santana's perfect game
  • The Ultimate Fighter Season Finale
  • Last Friday's SmackDown and this past Monday's Raw
  • and much more...
I won't be talking about the WWE in this blog since I still have to watch what I missed in the DVRed shows. However, this blog will be mostly about baseball and the hype for UFC on FX 3. Here we go!

MLB
The Yankees returned home after a 9 game road trip, in which they hosted the Tampa Bay Rays and won 2 games out of the 3 game series. The Bombers were hoping for a sweep, but it was not to be. Meanwhile, the Mets traveled to the DC area to face the Washington Nationals. The Mets struggled in the 1st 2 games, but R.A. Dickey rallied the team to avoid a sweep yesterday.

This weekend starts interleague play, and that means that the Subway Series will be played this weekend. The Mets will travel to the Bronx to face the Yankees. Other games to be played during interleague this weekend are the Citrus Series, and two notable World Series rematches between the Texas Rangers/San Francisco Giants, and the White Sox/Astros. The series between the South Siders and the 'Stros is an interesting World Series rematch considering that the Astros are in their final year in the NL Central, and will move to the AL West in 2013, therefore future matchups will be intraleague.

UFC
Tonight, UFC on FX 3 will emanate from the BankAtlantic Center in Sunrise, Florida and will air on FX. The main event will be Demetrious "Mighty Mouse" Johnson vs Ian McCall

That's all I have to say for now. Have a good weekend!

-NYCKNP

No comments:

Post a Comment